Listen in to the audio productions from our NMS trainees!
Towards the end of last year, our #NewMuseumSchool trainees began their placements at various museums and cultural organisations around London. They've been learning all the ins and outs of the cultural sector, getting stuck in with hands-on work, and doing all sorts of cool activities ranging from looking after artefacts to planning events, and everything in between.
As part of their training, each member of the team was tasked with creating a podcast episode relating to their placement - including research, scriptwriting, recording. They then worked with Jenny Pistella of Culture& and Catriona Oliphant of Chrome Radio to bring these audio pieces to life and get them out into the world.
And now, we're delighted to announce that these podcasts are now being launched over at Culture&, and are available for all to listen to!
Click the titles below to listen to each trainee's production (list is updated weekly).
Released on 16th May
- Jade Chao (at Magnum Photos) - What The Archive Spoke
- Qanitah Malik (at National Trust London) - The India Club: The Little Gem on the Strand
- Georgie Cowan-Turner (at Keats House) - This Living Hand
- Joyce Zale (at Brent Museum and Archive) - Music and Wembley
Released on Thursday 23rd May
- Kirsty Kerr (at Culture&) - Unlocking the Huntley Archives
- Crystal Mah-Wing (at Museum of London) - Moving History
- Jasper van der Kort (at Southbank Centre) - Built for Celebration
- Vanessa Otim (at Royal Collection Trust) - The Enigmatic Face of Queen Charlotte
And you can also follow our New Museum School creatives here on Instagram: @NMScreatives.
Lastly, here are some photos from the launch event at Toynbee Studios this past week - it was a fantastic day, and we are so proud of all our New Museum School trainees. They're now continuing with their placements - and we can't wait to see what they get up to next!
Photography by Ketishia Vaughan