So you’re interested in a career in Digital and want to learn how to code? Read our top tips for making a killer application for Digital Pipeline LDN.
So you’re interested in a career in Digital and want to learn how to code? The next step is to make your application to be in for a chance of being one of the lucky techie trainees.
Read on for the Create Jobs insights on how to secure your place on Digital Pipeline LDN.
1. Make sure you’re eligible!
Digital Pipeline LDN is seeking 20 creative young Londoners who are:
- 18-24 years old
- Resident of a London Borough
- Interested in coding, web development and digital design
- Curious, passionate about learning and able to build skills independently
- Interested in building a career in the digital industry
- Able to commit to Tuesday and Thursday sessions from 6-9pm from 5th March – 15th June 2018
2. Attend an information session
Information sessions are a quick and easy way to find out more and to impress the team. They’re informal meet ups at our offices, and you are guaranteed a 1-1 advice session with a member of the team. These are popular, so make sure you book in!
Top tip: Turn up on time, and don’t worry about dressing up. Our info sessions are casual.
3. Think about your video submission
Digital Pipeline LDN is looking for unique and curious minds. Your video submission is your chance teach us something new – whether it’s how to make the perfect cup of tea or the art of the perfect selfie, it’s up to you. Check out Ted Talks for some solid examples of how to tell a story – we recommend this Nancy Duarte video on the secret behind top-notch presentations.
4. Research D&AD and General Assembly
D&AD and General Assembly are major players in the digital industry and the tech minds behind Digital Pipeline LDN. Do some digging into what they do and how they work – this will give you a flavour on what to expect from the course and inspiration for your application.
5. Submit your application on time
An obvious one, but make sure you finish your application with plenty of time to proof-read and get a second opinion. A friend/family member/colleague may well spot something you’ve missed!
So there you have it. Your cheat-sheet for how to make sure you get picked for Digital Pipeline LDN.
Best of luck with your application – now it’s over to you!