Interested in our Future Software Developer programme? We let you know what’s involved with being a software developer, why you should work in tech, and what the opportunities in the industry are like.by
What is Future Software Developer Now?
A six-week introductory programme focusing on gaining a future-proof career in software development.
What is a software developer?
Software developers are responsible for designing the computer programmes and operating systems that we use in everyday life. From word processors, games and websites, software developers are the people that design these systems so we can use them easily and more efficiently.
Why is it a future-proof career?
Demand for software developers have been growing rapidly in the last five years and don’t look it’s going to be slowing down. In December 2020, LinkedIn showed that three out of the ten most in-demand roles were related to software development with Python Developers and Oracle and Java Specialists growing in demand by 303% month-on-month!
Why should you work in Tech?
Working in tech gives you a future-proof career that’s in high demand in the digital sector. It's usually a flexible industry with a diverse workforce. It can offer an amazing work-life balance, higher-than-average paychecks, and other great perks. With an ever-evolving industry, there are tons of job roles and opportunities in this field.
What skills can be gained?
- Understanding what programming languages are
Agile ways of working which are used by teams in companies around the world
Web frameworks, which is a platform for developing software applications / websites
- Understanding user needs
- Developing software solutions
Here are just a few types of technical skills that can be obtained
- Microsoft® C#
You should consider becoming a software developer if…
- You live and breathe tech with growing curiosity about the release of the latest gadgets on the market
- Enjoy working with people as there will be many cases where you will need to cooperate with other teams and understand what their needs are.
- Love problem solving and enjoy puzzles
- Organising and keeping things in order
- You enjoy taking risks and trying new things; the tech industry is always ever-evolving in finding new and fresh approaches in developing systems
The types of job titles you could have
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- App Developer
- Web Developer
- Web Designer
- Front End Coder
- Back End Coder
- Cyber Intelligence Data Scientist Developer
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Information Systems Manager
- IT Consultant
- Multimedia Programmer
- Game Developer
Top 10 companies hiring software developers now
Expected salary bracket
£20k-£30k per annum based on experience
The tech industry is an integral part of all businesses and has ties with almost every sector that you can think of.
Be apart of the industry’s growth find yourself in a high demand sector.