A programme to give you the skills, experience and connections needed to start a career in the advertising industry.
Creativity Works’ flagship programme ran again in 2019 and offered young creatives a six-week immersive course where participants have the chance to learn from the best in world-class campaign creation, storytelling, art direction, ideation, strategy building, copywriting & content production, and to respond to a live industry brief.
The programme was ideal for anyone interested in getting an understanding of roles in the advertising industry, from Account Management and Strategy, Junior Creative & Project Management to Copywriting, Content Production and everything else in between.
Past participants of this programme have gone on to secure roles at:
Wieden + Kennedy; Myrium, Gain Theory (WPP); Grey London; Universal Music; The Face; Anyways; Bullet Proof; Animise; Commercial Break; Red Bull; BBC in addition to freelance positions.
On the programme participants:
- Learnt about campaign creation, story-telling, art direction, ideation, strategy building, copywriting & content creation with industry leaders
- Devised an advertising campaign that responds to a live brief set by a leading London agency, Do the Green Thing
- Gained top research & tips, best practise brainstorming, teamwork, presentation skills, regular crits and presentation design in order to pitch their idea
- Became a part of the Create Jobs alumni and had access to a range of exclusive offers and ongoing employability support including careers advice and guidance plus ongoing portfolio, CV and application support from Create Jobs
- Had access to a Macbook and Adobe Creative Suite
- Were provided with travel and food expenses throughout the course
Creativity Works: Advertising is proud to be partnered with:
- Do the Green Thing
- Wieden + Kennedy
- The Girlhood
- The Pop Up Agency
- Commercial Break
In collaboration with:
- It’s Nice That
- Lecture in Progress
- Somethin’ Else
- FCB Inferno
- The Marketing Academy
Creativity Works is a Mayors Fund for London programme delivered by Create Jobs supported by Berkely Foundation and Citi Foundation.
Read about Seun's experience of the programme here.
Applications for Creativity Works: Advertising are now closed. Find out about this and other opportunities by subscribing to our newsletter.