Get the skills, experience and connections you need to start a career in the advertising industry.
Creativity Works’ flagship programme returns, offering 20 aspiring young creatives with a six-week immersive course that will give participants the chance to learn from the best in world-class campaign creation, story-telling, art direction, ideation, strategy building, copywriting & content production and will be responding to a live industry brief.
This programme is ideal for anyone interested in getting an understanding of roles in the advertising industry, from Account Management and Strategy, Junior Creative & Project Management to Copywriting, Content Production and everything else in between.
Past participants of this programme have gone on to secure roles at:
- Wieden + Kennedy
- Myrium, Gain Theory (WPP)
- Grey London
- Universal Music
- The Face
- The Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Bullet Proof
- Commercial Break
- Red Bull
- Their own freelance practises
Find out more including how to apply for the programme below.
As a participant in this programme you will:
- Be taught campaign creation, story-telling, art direction, ideation, strategy building, copywriting & content creation by industry leaders
- Devise an advertising campaign that responds to a live brief set by a leading London agency
- Learn top research & tips, best practise brainstorming, teamwork, presentation skills, regular crits and presentation design in order to pitch your idea
- Become a part of the Create Jobs alumni and have access to a range of exclusive offers and ongoing employability support including careers advice and guidance plus ongoing portfolio, CV and application support from Create Jobs
- Access to a Macbook and Adobe Creative Suite as well as a designing presentations workshop.
- Travel, food expenses covered throughout the course
- You must be aged 18-24 years old
- You must be living in Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham, Waltham Forest or Barking and Dagenham (PLEASE NOTE: other London boroughs may be eligible, please enquire)
- You must not be in full-time employment, education or training
We encourage application from people who:
- Are under-represented in the sector (low socio-economic incomes, BAME, LGBTQ+)
- Have barriers to employment (underemployed, unemployment, caring and other responsibilities)
- Lack relevant experience/education
How to apply
You will need to complete an application form, and upload a CV. There’s also an option to include a portfolio of previous work.
If your application is successful you will be invited to a selection day on 12 June 10am-1pm at Soapbox Youth Centre. If you are unable to make this selection day, unfortunately we will not be able to consider you for the programme in this round.
Need help with your application?
We run informal sessions where you can come to our offices in east London, learn a bit more about the programme and seek some help and support with your application. Register for the events via Eventbrite below:
If you would like to discuss any special access requirements you have for both the application process and the programme itself please contact the Create Jobs team at email@example.com or call 020 7608 2132.
Creativity Works: Advertising has been co-designed by Create Jobs with Kati Russell (The Girlhood), delivered in partnership with Commercial Break and leading London agencies. Creativity Works is a Mayors Fund for London programme delivered by Create Jobs for A New Direction. Browse our previous Creativity Works programmes below, and check out the Creativity Works blog tag for more.