Imperial Health Charity
As the Arts Engagement Assistant, you’ll support the day-to-day running of the arts engagement programme and deliver workshops to patients in your specialist artform.
Supporting the Arts Engagement Manager, you’ll co-ordinate facilitators’ schedules and deliver, attend and monitor workshops.
Some of your duties will include:
- Communicating with wards to ensure staff are prepared for workshops
- Researching medical groups where an artist residency would support existing treatments and therapies
- Liaising with artists
- Monitoring the impact of the organisation's work
About the employer
Imperial Health Charity, are an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. They support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
They’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Programme Co-ordinator, Programme Assistant, Workshop Co-ordinator, Creative Workshop Assistant, Workshop Assistant, Musician, or Artist.
To join as an Arts Engagement Assistant, you’ll need:
- Previous participatory arts experience in your chosen field (this may be gained through voluntary and intern positions)
- Experience of delivering arts workshops in a community setting
- Previous experience of supporting larger arts projects, such as art, music or dance events or displays
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field, such as fine art, theatre studies, art history or music