Stratford Circus Arts Centre
|This is an exciting training opportunity for someone at the very beginning of their career in arts management. You will work in a busy programming office supporting the creative learning and marketing teams on delivery and promotion of the artistic programme of live performances.|
Stratford Circus Arts Centre delivers creative learning projects throughout the year for all members of our community. Tasks will include:
- Assisting the creative learning team in the coordination of projects including: Stratford Arts Social, New YVC, Newham Harmony, Acorn Project, Blue Sky Actors, Creative Schools, Classes and Youth Theatre.
- Providing friendly support for artists, partners, participants and audiences across projects.
- Dealing with general enquiries for the Creative Learning department by phone and email.
- Attending and minute taking during weekly staff meetings.
- Assisting with events and logistics for workshops.
- Supporting in the preparation of resources for projects (handouts, presentations, programmes for performances etc)
- Attend show press nights & SCAC fundraising events, including some weekend working
- Undertaking administrative duties and processes to support the department.
- Working with the marketing team to promote theatre, music dance and other live events
- Drafting promotional materials for Creative Learning events and projects
- Support social media campaigns.
- Research opportunities to further spread the word about Stratford Circus Arts Centre events an shows.
This job description outlines the types of work involved in this role. It is not exhaustive and the post-holder may undertake other duties as reasonably required. This job description may also be reviewed in consultation with the post-holder to ensure that it continues to meet to ongoing requirements of the organisation.
About the employer
Stratford Circus Arts Centre believes that access to art brings joy, empowers people, and draws them together. We provide world-class, accessible creative experiences and performances on the doorstep of people in Newham and east London.
Stratford Circus Arts Centre is a vibrant place to create and experience art through world-class theatre, dance, music and circus and visual exhibitions and we present work for families, young people and adults. We support national, international and East London artists to create new work that is relevant to local people, connecting artists and audiences to help them find authentic voices.
Our creative learning programme works with schools and community organisations to introduce local people to artistic experiences through workshops and bespoke creative learning projects. We are proud to be a founding partner of the East London Cultural Education Alliance (ELCEA), delivering outstanding creative opportunities for children and young people across East London.
Our modern and versatile building receives more than 125,000 visits a year and is a key resource for the local community. We regularly hire out space to artists, schools and local groups as well as corporate clients and promoters. Stratford Circus Arts Centre is a National Portfolio Organisation of Arts Council England and a registered charity. Any profits we make go directly back into our work.
- Some design skills e.g. using InDesign
How to apply
This role is offered as part of STEP, a programme offering two 6-month paid placements at leading cultural and creative organisations.
Application deadline is Monday 9 September, 10am.