An intensive six-week programme, co-designed with Magnum Photos, for the next generation of image makers
This training will help you develop your creative voice, using photography as a medium to express yourself. The programme also gives insight into the different roles surrounding commercial, documentary and editorial photography. The programme is delivered in partnership with Magnum Photos, an artists’ cooperative representing some of the world’s most renowned photographers.
You’ll also work to a live brief from partners, It’s Nice That, Anyways and Lecture in Progress and get feedback from their creative teams.
Over the six-weeks you’ll:
- Shoot and edit photographs for different platforms (zine, website, exhibition) under the guidance of Magnum photographers and Magnum staff
- Represent yourself to potential clients
- Attend expert-led workshops, talks and seminars to help you develop your voice
- Learn how to apply for funding and bursaries
- Develop a network with other creatives and professionals
- Build skills in social media, marketing and branding
- Work with the Create Jobs team to improve your portfolio, CV and job applications
- Be given a Macbook with Adobe Creative Suite and a Fuji Camera for use during the programme
- Get access to Create Jobs Alumni events and development opportunities
This course is completely free with food and travel expenses covered.
Previous participants have gone on to get roles as:
- Camera Assistant
- Photographers Assistant
- Freelance photographers
- Photographic artists
Applicants must be:
- 18-24 year old Londoners who are interested in building a career in the creative industries
- Curious, creative and passionate about learning with an ability to build skills independently
- Unemployed and not in full-time education
We encourage applications from those who are underrepresented in the industry including disabled, D/deaf and neurodiverse people, LGBTQ+ people, people from black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds. We also welcome applicants from a range of educational backgrounds and therefore do not require a minimum formal qualification.
How to apply
Complete the application form below with a few written questions, and upload a CV.
Application deadline: Monday 30 September, 10am.
If selected, you’ll need to be available for a group selection day on either the 10 or 11 October, where you will take part in a collaborative group task and meet the team.
It is really important to us that these opportunities are accessible so, if there is additional support we could offer you to enable you to participate, please include this in your application.
If you require an alternative format application form, or would like to discuss access with one of the team, please contact Shingi Sibanda, Engagement Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 020 7608 2132.
Please note: if you’ve previously taken part in a Creativity Works programme, you are not eligible for this programme.
Need help with your application? Please contact the team at email@example.com or 020 7608 2132
Creativity Works is a Mayor’s Fund for London programme, supported by Berkeley Foundation and Citi Foundation, and delivered by A New Direction.