Foundation for Future London
The post is a mix of office-based support and regular, site-based work at various community spacesacross the East Bank Boroughs: Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and Hackney, based at the head office in Stratford.
Working closely with FFL’s Arts andCulture team as well as local partner organisations you will provide admin support for a wide range of engagement activities, including supporting across FFL’s digital content (social media, blogs, website etc). The role will be varied and involve some meetings, communication via phone/email and in person, creative writing, fielding enquires, supporting events and engagement. The role is 3 days a week, usual office hours are 9.30-5.30. FFL offer flexible working where possible. Reasonable and relevant training will be provided, so you don’t need any qualifications or experience of working in an arts organisation in order to apply
- Updating of website content on a regular basis with details of projects FLL is involved in and opportunities available to local communities
- Social media and blog content – updating, writing content & ensuring creative outputs, marketing of FFL opportunities via websites, social media and other platforms
- Developing knowledge of individual artists, designers and makers FFL works with and helping build up promo about them & their projects
- Assisting with the general administration of maintaining communication between FFL, local programming and surrounding communities
- Supporting coordination & admin of Creative Content Group
- Maintaining files, attending partner meetings and other office duties where required
Planning and Content
- Working alongside East Bank partners to cultivate meaningful opportunities for local communities and young people
- Help to deliver creative engagement activities & participatory cultural events
- Event coordination - supporting the co-ordination and administrative tasks needed to deliver a variety of public engagement events
- Contribute to the design & production of marketing materials
- Provide advice and support to develop suitable projects for young people in London
- Creative writing for all FFL projects in marketing and PR
About the employer
Foundation for Future London is an independent charitable foundation, established in 2015 as catalyst for realising the ambitious collaborative success and opportunities of London’s East Bank at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, its local communities and beyond.
The Foundation works in 3 ways; connecting communities, opening up opportunities and creative placemaking.We are creating a place for innovation and creativity, through unique collaborations with local communities, boroughs and with world-leading institutions. Their intent is to be at the heart of East Bank; inspiring and resourcing the development of this ambitious new cultural and creative placemaking quarter of east London. Working alongside community and cultural partners, young people, local neighbourhoods and East Bank boroughs, FFL’s funding and philanthropic role is focused on levering resources to unlock the power and potential of communities, buildings and places.
|FFL are looking for someone who has an active interest in Arts & Culture and is keen to grow in an arts role, developing their skills across administration, digital content and public engagement within the creative industries. They are especially interested to hear from applicants that could help curate and manage creative content for their upcoming projects. Since the role will be varied and involve some meetings, communication via phone/email and in person, creative writing, fielding enquires, supporting events & engagement we are looking for someone who has developed solid admin/IT skills and is looking for an opportunity to launch their career in the creative industries.|
How to apply
This role is offered as part of STEP, a programme offering two 6-month paid placements at leading cultural and creative organisations.
Application deadline is Monday 9 September, 10am.