Camden Arts Centre
The primary function of this post is to coordinate a balanced and dynamic education programme, as part of the education team. The post-holder will coordinate activity that takes place on-site and will be involved in the development of creative approaches to working with varied audiences in a gallery setting. In addition, the role will be the main point of contact for the offsite family outreach project. The role has a particular focus on the delivery of courses for adults and children and activities for families with young children.
The Education Coordinator will form part of the Education Team and sit within the Programme Team which includes Programmer Curators for Exhibitions, Residencies and Public Programme and the Gallery Manager, and is invited to contribute to the creative vision of the organisation.
About the employer
Camden Arts Centre is an internationally renowned contemporary art venue with an ambitious programme characterised by discovery and risk-taking. They excel in projects that empower and engage communities, inspire children and young people and deliver a critically acclaimed combination of exhibitions, artists’ projects and educational activity.
The Education programme remains at the core of their aim to make art inclusive and accessible. They offer a varied programme of projects, courses and workshops through which people of all ages and experiences can engage in the arts. Working closely with contemporary artists and unravelling their processes, they offer multiple entry points to their programme by developing creative responses and ideas, experimenting with materials, and through critical thinking and debate.
- An understanding of and interest in contemporary visual art and arts education
- Demonstrates a practical knowledge of materials and methods of making art
- At least one years’ experience of coordinating education activities and projects
- Awareness of access issues and safeguarding
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of people such as artists, children, and the general public
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure as part of a small team