Flipside is a paid, industry-led bootcamp introducing you to the basics in digital product design.
Designed and created by Create Jobs at A New Direction, Beyond, BIO Agency, Made by Many, Sennep, The Skills Lab and ustwo, Flipside is aimed at helping young east Londoners gain the mindsets, skills and behaviours that will help them break into industry.
What you will get:
- 3 months of exclusive hands-on training led by some of the best digital agencies in the world
- Live group projects to build your portfolio
- A rotating programme with multiple agencies to learn and network with
- The opportunity to interview for paid positions at agencies
- An industry mentor to support you in achieving your goals
- A training bursary of £200 per week to cover travel, food expenses and a bit extra for the duration of training (up to £2400 for the duration)
Read more about the Flipside programme here.
We are looking for:
- Creative problem solvers
- Curious people who love learning
- Drive and commitment to a career in design or digital
To be eligible for this training you must be:
- 18 – 25 years old
- Resident of: Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and Newham
- Currently unemployed or under-employed (in a job which is not in your chosen field/has little career progression)
- Available for 12-weeks full-time training from the end of February to May 2019
- Interested in getting into the digital sector and creating digital products
Whilst not part of the eligibility, we welcome applications from those under-represented in the digital sector, this includes:
- People who have not got a university degree or did not study a digitally-related subject.
- People from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background
- Disabled people
- People from the LGBTQ+ community
- Women or non-binary people
How to apply
Please complete the application form by Mon 9 March 2020, 10am
If successful, you will be invited to an assessment day on Tuesday 24 March 2020, and the programme begins on Monday 17th February 2020.
You can also read the Flipside FAQ’s on our blog, here.
Need help with your application?
We'll be running informal sessions where you can come to our offices in east London, learn a bit more about the programme and seek some help and support with your application. Register for the free session below:
Get in touch with Pagan at email@example.com or on 0207 608 2132 if you have any other questions.