Inspiring Success is a two-part initiative, designed to provide employability support and funding for unemployed or underemployed graduates from the East London Growth Boroughs of Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
The Inspiring Success programme is delivered in two stages. First, you can attend a series of insightful workshops to identify your strengths, reflect on your experiences and clarify the steps needed to reach your future goals. Next, eligible participants will be given the opportuny to apply for a 100% scholarship to study a master's programme of their choice. More information on each stage of the progamme is provided on Loughborough University's information page (see 'How to Apply' section below).
Inspiring Success will encourage you to reflect on your skills and experiences, before connecting you to leading employers to help you secure the next step in your career journey. It will also give you the opportunity to apply for a 100% scholarship to study a master's with a UK top 10 university.
Explore your personal potential and develop new skills and confidence
- By working with fellow graduates and Loughborough University students in a variety of tasks and challenges, you will have the opportunity to identify, explore and enhance your skills for future success
- You'll take part in a range of team tasks and interactive problem-solving challenges, which will enable you to make informed decisions and improve your collaborative working skills
- You'll be given professional career guidance and coaching, which can be tailored to your personal ambitions and future career goals
About the employer
Now in its fifth year, the initiative has supported nearly 100 unemployed or under-employed graduates from across the boroughs, and has already seen twelve individuals graduate with postgraduate qualifications from Loughborough University London. The Inspiring Success programme is delivered in partnership with the London Legacy Development Corporation and was recently supported by a kind donation from the Peter Cruddas Foundation.
- Be a graduate with a minimum of a lower second class honours degree from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University. Participants will need to have graduated at least 6 months prior to the start of the programme
- Be currently residing in, and have previously taken GCSE or A level qualifications whilst residing in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest
Be currently unemployed or underemployed, earning below £570.90 per week
- Attendance at our two-day Inspiring Success programme is advised, but not essential
Be willing to become ambassadors of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and actively give back to the local community through Echo
- Successful applicants will demonstrate academic excellence and potential, and will outline how they wish to develop their local community on completion of their degree.