A New Direction
A NEW DIRECTION IS HIRING!
Are you passionate about all children and young people realising their creativity? Would you like to be at the heart of our charity, running our new office in the City and coordinating many of our systems?
This is a crucial role at the heart of A New Direction. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the office as well as providing a warm and professional face for the organisation. You will also help with the coordination of our busy events programme as well as overseeing crucial corporate systems such as the office equipment and resources. This role will work with the Planning and Operations Manager and sit at the centre of everything we do.
This role sits within the Deputy Chief Executive’s team and will be line managed by the Planning and Operations Manager. You will help glue the organisation together by keeping an overview of the day-to-day activity of the organisation; managing our calendar, as well as ensuring the office runs smoothly, and ensuring our busy events programme is supported.
Managing contracts for the office including IT, Security, Cleaning, Maintenance, Phones
Liaison with other tenants and the landlord
Providing a reception desk
Answering phones (alongside others)
Overseeing room bookings and catering
Supporting new starters with IT and office induction (requesting accounts, sourcing IT equipment, office induction, organising key fobs)
Coordinating and completing our upcoming office move including the set-up of hotdesking etc.
- Managing the IT cupboard and processes for booking equipment
- Managing stationary, equipment and kitchen supplies
- Management of the archive and external storage
- Managing the office calendar, meeting room calendar and general inbox
- Updating planning calendar
- Organising whole team meetings
- Supporting internal communications and staff events, including social events
- Minute taking at some meetings as agreed
- Leading on the ‘access standard’ for events – ensuring high degree of accessibility to all events in and out of house
- Managing resources for events and supporting out-of-house events as required
- Coordinating a ‘clash chart’ of events
This is not an exhaustive list of duties – additional ad-hoc tasks may be required
About the employer
A New Direction is a London-based non-profit generating opportunities for children and young people to unlock their creativity.
A New Direction works with partners such as schools, the cultural sector and local authorities to support children and young people to be creative and experience culture. Our core values of equity, culture and creativity and trust and means we identify areas of inequality to campaign for policy change where that is a barrier.
Behaviours and competencies
Able to work well as part of a team
Open and approachable with a positive attitude
Professional and helpful
Committed to the aims and mission of A New Direction
Displays a commitment to working positively within a framework which values and
Skills and abilities
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Good interpersonal skills and with ability to communicate and build rapport with a
- wide range of people
- Able to work independently and prioritise workload
Knowledge, qualifications and training
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of disability access as it relates to events is desirable
• Experience of administration
- There will be occasions when this role may be required to work unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.
How to apply
Please download the forms below, fill in, and return an application form and a diversity & equality form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 29 July, 5pm with the subject header 'Office and Events Coordinator Application'.
Interviews will take place w/c 05 August 2019.