Sound Connections are looking for a new Programme Assistant to join their team. This post provides crucial support across all areas of their work and is often the first contact people have with the organisation. They are looking for an outstanding candidate that brings a good mix of energy and thoughtfulness, with excellent attention to detail and customer care.
The post holder will:
- Take a lead on communications and social media activity for Sound Connections accounts; including newsletters, Twitter, and Facebook, as well as website updates.
- Coordinate the logistics of Sound Connections events; including networking meetings, workshops and conferences. Take a lead on logistics including booking venues, catering and delegate management. Support the planning of various aspects of the Sound Connections programme.
- Provide ongoing support to the Sound Connections team including admin on all strands of work and managing office supplies and equipment.
- Provide ongoing support with Sound Connections consultancy strand of work.
- Provide ongoing support with monitoring and evaluation systems for Sound Connections’ events and programmes.
- Mentor Wired4Music members on Generate projects and be involved with the delivery of the programme.
- Contribute to the organisation’s development and the achievement of its mission, aims and objectives.
- Market and promote Sound Connections activities online, in person and through partnerships and networks; leading on the compilation of e-newsletters and running Sound Connections social media channels. Proof-reading, editing and copy-writing will also be undertaken as part of the e-newsletter responsibilities.
- Assist with the delivery of Sound Connections events and training programme including training sessions, networking events and information, advice and guidance. This includes creating and issuing invoices, managing Eventbrite pages and liaising with venues for logistics, catering etc.
- Deal with telephone, written and email enquiries and be first point of contact for individuals and organisations wishing to access Sound Connections services, including our training and events.
- Provide ongoing support to the Senior Management Team assisting them with the delivery of Sound Connections’ various strands of work.
- Liaise with and work alongside Programme Managers and Producers.
- Support consultancy strand of work through research and other project requirements.
- Collate evaluation information, input into master spreadsheet and monitor data across all programmes of work.
- Support the Sound Connections’ team through general IT and office administration. This includes logging receipts, organising post, keeping office supplies stocked (i.e. stationary and tea/coffee/milk), contact database management.
About the employer
Sound Connections believe every child and young person in London should have the opportunity to experience music-making. Since 2002, Sound Connections has worked in partnership to strengthen the music sector, bridge gaps in provision and deliver landmark music programmes.
An interest in youth voice – i.e. listening to and working collaboratively with young people and involving them in decision making.
Commitment to the values of inclusion and social justice.
Strong organisational and time management skills – ability to work independently, to deadlines and targets.
Excellent marketing skills and understanding – covering a broad range of approaches and techniques.
Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, both verbally and in written formats.
Ability to work and contribute effectively in a team.
Excellent IT skills – including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and web.
Commitment to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion, and own personal professional development.
Understanding of social media, and experience of promoting/marketing activities on specific platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Understanding of the music education sector.
- Experience of working proactively with multiple partners and a broad constituency of users.
- Knowledge of MailChimp, Survey Monkey and WordPress.
How to apply
Visit the Sound Connections page here, where you can view and download all the information for this position, complete your application and fill out any extra forms needed (if applicable).
- If, having read through the all the information, you are considering making an application and would like to have an informal chat with a member of the team, please email back suggesting some suitable dates and times and Sound Connections will get back to you. Please send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org and make the subject “Programme Assistant post enquiry”. Please make sure that you include contact numbers etc.
- Please fully complete the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form.
- Do not attach a CV as a supplement to your application. Your application form should contain all of the information required.
Application deadline is 12pm on Friday 31 May.