Idea East looking for a proactive, self-motivated and innovative individual who has an eye for detail and isn’t afraid to think outside of the box.
Your role as a social media intern is to be help coordinating and execute of the agency’s social media strategies, working across key channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This role will offer you complete immersion into a live and busy digital agency. The successful candidate will work closely with the Marketing Operations Manager, Creative Director, Studio Manager and external agencies. You’ll gain experience in understanding the unique requirements, tone of voice and objectives of Idea East’s clients – and use this experience to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing in a business to business environment. This role will also be instrumental in increasing Idea East’s own social media presence and gaining visibility for their brand among clients and candidates.
What’s in it for you?
In the short-term, life experience! In the longer-term, this will have a strong possibility of leading to a potential permanent role in the Communications team.
- Assisting with streamlining Idea East’s social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms), making sure the content is uniform and follows the company’s tone of voice
- Increasing the number of followers on Twitter/Facebook for Idea East and their clients, by following and engaging with potential new clients
- Monitoring and replying to tweets from clients (initially under supervision from a Manager)
- Posting tweets on a daily basis, using tools such as HootSuite to schedule tweets over weekends and holidays (under supervision from a Manger)
- Posting updates and relevant articles and insights to Idea East’s agency LinkedIn account (initially under supervision from a Manager)
- Using LinkedIn polls and surveys to build company’s social media reputation
- Build Facebook ‘likes’ by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns
- Maintaining a monthly social media and blogging calendar, along with reaching out to influencers and bloggers on behalf of Idea East’s clients
- Assisting with coordination of a guest blogger programme, involving one guest blogger per month, and then amplifying this content through other social media channels
- Understanding and monitoring social media analytics: tracking key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including using Google Analytics, Facebook analytics, agency stats, etc.
- Tracking and reporting website statistics using Google Analytics, looking at how well specific content performs and at the flow of traffic through to Idea East’s website
- Working with the design and management team to create/send out internal email newsletter per month – sharing creative ideas, insights, thought leadership and advertising, and key jobs
- Using Google, search various keywords and look at Idea East’s competitors’ brands for forums and directories to sign up to, in order to generate inbound lead generation for the company.
About the employer
Idea East is a small and fast-growing strategic digital agency that specialises in design innovation. You will be joining Idea East at a very exciting time, following a year of growth in their role as the in-house agency at Plexal, the UK’s largest campus for innovators. Their core aim is to help start-ups (especially tech ones!) to grow, across a huge range of sectors.
Idea East’s core values and their great team dynamic are key to the way they work. They are looking for someone who shares these values which include being caring and transparent (both with clients and one another), being ambitious and determined (always striving for excellence), and most importantly, someone who uses creativity to solve and innovate in everything they do. If you have great ideas and want to see them come to life whilst helping small businesses to grow, this is the place to do it.
Idea East are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent GCSEs, A-levels or equivalent, particularly in English, Literature, History or Design;
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short and long-copy. Understanding of importance of individual tone of voice.
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Google for Work products (e.g. Pages, Slides, Numbers)
- An ability to consistently demonstrate their values of caring for their clients, ambitiousness and determination in your personal approach to work
- An entrepreneurial attitude; thinking like an entrepreneur to do a lot with a little
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn new skills
- A proactive, service-focussed attitude towards clients and candidates and the teams you support internally
- The ability to multitask effectively and maintain a high level of organisation
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and a resilient attitude towards challenges
- An ability to prioritise work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal stress; and
- Most importantly, the ability to work collaboratively with a team
It’d be great if you also have an appreciation of copywriting, the English language and a good understanding of how brands communicate with different audiences through social media. Every brand’s tone of voice is unique and carefully crafted to suit their brand persona, and to address their specific audience and target market. Idea East are ideally looking for someone who has a talent for wordplay and a desire to learn more about strong brand communication.
To apply for this role, you need to be:
- A resident of Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest or Newham
- Aged 18 to 30
- Underrepresented in the sector
- Unemployed or underemployed, and not in full-time education
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this role, it’s easy. Send a CV and covering letter stating why you’d be a great fit for the position to Laura Turner-Blake, at email@example.com.
Application deadline is Tuesday 28th May at 10am. We look forward to hearing from you!