This is an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic, results-driven Social Media Manager who can nurture an engaged global community and help us achieve ambitious growth targets.
Working with many of the world’s biggest museums and the most exciting names in art, you’ll be joining Smartify’s award-winning digital team. Working across the artistic and commercial areas of the organisation, you’ll bring transformative growth in their social media following, develop dialogue and meaningful engagement with their audiences, and boost sales across their digital channels.
As a talented content producer or journalist with an interest in art, you’ll be making posts that champion their mission – helping people make meaningful connections with art.
With experience creating digital content for prominent brands or publications, you’ll be comfortable working reactively or creating and presenting social media strategies, using analytics and data to inform your decisions.
You’ll be up to date and keen to try the latest platform innovations, have an innate instinct for great content, and be a trusted brand guardian and safe pair of hands for Smartify’s public image. You will be confident to work independently; able to identify key influencers, ‘growth-hackers’, artists and professionals and pro-actively engage them.
• Produce social posts, including captions, copy and content with a primary focus on Smartify’s Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts, but not excluding their YouTube, Medium and LinkedIn accounts.
• Conceive, manage and schedule campaigns and content across all channels. Ensure high quality content that does justice to the wealth of unique and interesting facets of the Smartify’s brand.
• Build and manage a diverse network of relationships with cultural institutions, growth hackers, curators, art historians, influencers, forming valuable long-term relationships.
• Develop an acquisition strategy for consistent growth, strengthened relationships, increased reach and performance led results across all channels.
• Partner with Press and Events teams on seasonal key moments and project launches, managing influencer attendance and activity.
• Champion diversity, inclusivity and equality by making sure the content makers we work with and themes we explore reflect the audiences we want to reach.
• Executing the PR and communications initiatives.
About the employer
Requirements for the role are below. Smartify is a fast-paced scale-up looking for an ambitious set of skills, however they DO want to hear from you if you are still learning some of these skills. This job is as much about talent and a positive attitude as it is about experience - read on for more!
Smartify want to hear from you if you:
• Genuine passion for art and culture!
• A mastery of storytelling via written and visual communication.
• Strong aesthetic eye and content management experience. Content creation experience
beneficial, plus knowledge of supporting editing apps (EG: Adobe Photoshop, 3D Photos, Magisto, etc.)
• An incredible obsession with social media and engagement, and a desire to test and learn.
• Reporting and data analysis skills, strong commercial acumen.
• Building and maintain relationships with press and influencers.
• Bachelor’s degree or traineeship in Art History, Journalism, Marketing, Media or any other related field.
• Previous experience managing social media platforms and community brands.
• Experience with social posting platforms (ie. Sprinklr, Social Flow, Hootsuite).
• Proficiency in content creation and editing tools.
• Substantial experience of making online content, film production, photography and writing skills.
• Experience using analytics to make informed decisions driven by data and communicate these regularly with team members.
• Passionate about social media and possesses a strong knowledge of the latest trends, tools and technologies.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with a track record of working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Well organised, able to work calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Experience of working creatively with external organisations and partners.
Have worked with influencers on activations and has good relationships with influencers.
• Past success with both planned and in-the-moment, reactive content creation and distribution;
can easily move between editing and authoring content
• Experience with social measurement, publishing, listening, and engagement tools (eg. Hootsuite, Clarabridge, Curalate/Fanreel/Showroom, Simply Measured/Sprout, etc.)
How to apply
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 10th July. Applicants should submit a CV, a link or showreel, and a short cover not detailing specific roles on each project where appropriate.
Interviews will take place in July. It is hoped that applicants should be in a position to take up the
role as soon as possible.
All applications and any queries should be addressed directly to Anna Lowe, Director of Partnership