Developing the next generation of talent in London’s cultural and creative sector.
STEP is an internship programme open to young East Londoners.
Bringing together partnerships across the cultural and creative sectors, we’re working together to support and develop a new generation of talent.
Participants complete two 6-month internships (paid at London Living Wage), professional development workshops and a year-long curatorial project. Building a strong peer network, and working with a specialist industry mentor, interns are equipped with the skills, experience and connections to succeed.
Exploring new methods of recruitment and training, STEP offers an alternative for employers and young Londoners. Together we’re developing a model for the future of internships.
Since 2017, 19 young Londoners have completed paid internships as part of STEP.
Our founding partners include Bow Arts and Sadler’s Wells, along with BBC, V&A, UCL, NTS Radio, Worldwide FM, Film Office, 3 Mills Studios, Rosetta Arts, and UAL’s London College of Fashion.
- Olivia Manthurin-Essendoh – Rosetta Arts and London College of Fashion
- Mae-li Evans – NTS Radio and Bow Arts
- Serina Lopez Sadler’s Wells Visitor Experience and Production and Touring
- Phillippe Cato - Sadler’s Wells Production and Touring and Visitor Experience.
- Saphia Abrahamovitch – Venner – Bow Arts Trust and London College of Fashion
- Jordan Reilly – London College of Fashion and Rosetta Arts
- Sheridan Haynes – London College of Fashion Social Responsibility and Widening Participation
For more information about future STEP internships please sign up to our newsletter.
The programme is funded by the London Legacy Development Corporation and is managed by A New Direction.