A creative industry open to everyone
STEP (Shared Training and Employment Programme) is open to young east Londoners and brings together partnerships across the cultural and creative sectors; its mission is to increase representation in the creative industries.
Participants complete two 6-month roles (paid at London Living Wage), professional development workshops and a team project. Building a strong peer network, and working with a specialist industry mentor, participants are equipped with the skills, experience and connections to succeed.
Exploring new methods of recruitment and training, STEP offers an alternative for employers and young Londoners. Together we’re developing a model for the future of entry-level roles.
- Increase diversity in the creative and cultural sector by providing paid employment opportunities for those currently under-represented in the sector
- Increases participants knowledge and experience to better prepare them for the varied career path many creative professionals experience
- Creating a network of employers who are invested in developing the creative workforce of the future
- Support participants to continue working in the sector through paid employment or relevant training
Our founding partners include Bow Arts and Sadler’s Wells, along with BBC, V&A, UCL, NTS Radio, Worldwide FM, Film Office, UAL’s London College of Fashion.
If you'd like your organisation to get involved in STEP and benefit from a diverse talent pipeline and supporting young east Londoners into paid employment, please contact Create Jobs.
Click below to find out more about who's currently taking part in STEP:
- Aminah Begum
- Caroline Francis
- Charlotte Algar
- Christine Pungong
- Gabrielle Chudi
- Hannah Hughes
- Krystal Popo
- Lauren Joyce-Smith
- Mohammed Rahman
- Rory Boyle
- Tamyra Denoon
- Tasnim Siddiqa Amin
- William Robert Boateng Asare
- Yssis-Tiye McKen
Applications for STEP are currently closed. To hear about this and other opportunities, please sign up to our newsletter.
And, you can read the latest blog updates from the STEP teams over here on the STEP microsite.
This programme is funded and developed by the London Legacy Development Corporation, supported by founding partners Bow Arts, Sadler’s Wells and London College of Fashion, and delivered by Create Jobs at A New Direction and Creative Access.